01 November 2012

Mom's Visit: Poland

Poland! Our Poland trip ended up being quite an adventure. One of the first things I heard about once moving to Germany was the Polish pottery and how you HAD to visit the town of Boleslawiec to visit the many, many pottery shops or skelps. I'm talking there are some seriously obsessed women out there.

We decided to make a two day trip out of it although many people do it in one. Personally I don't find driving 9+ hours in one day enjoyable so we opted to stay in the 75 euro a night Palac Brunow. And boy am I glad we did. You can find pictures of the palace below. An absolutely beautiful "hotel", spacious rooms by European standards, and an amazing meal for dinner AND breakfast as well. All for just over $100 I might add.

I'll be honest after driving through Boleslawiec and around Poland for close to 2 hours Palac Brunow was a sight for sore eyes. Overall there were many run down or unkept buildings. Maybe from the influence of the Soviets who had ruled for so long? It may not have helped that it was a very dark and dreary day. So while the town of Boleslawiec nor the area we drove through was very appealing to the eyes the pottery most definitely wise. I definitely understand why people make it in a day trip. There really isn't much to see beyond the pottery. I may be spoiled by the charm of Germany.

Oh, and I should also mentioned that we woke up the next morning to snow! Snow in October! What am I getting myself into? I do not belong in the snow, but nonetheless we thankfully had a snow scraper in the car and battled through 4+ hours of snow and ice to make it safe and sound back home.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!!! Sounds like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you, snow & me do not mix well at all... I would be happy to never see it truthfully! I am glad you all made it back safely & I love the photo of you scraping ice off the car at least you look like its fun doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning is the Polish Pottery?! I have a huge collection of it at home and every time I go to Poland I have to get more as its so cheap over there. I really like the pieces you ended up buying!

    Between the lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a great trip! Just because of transport i suffered a lot there but this time i have booked a car from Rzeszow airport car rental.They have booked my car on esay price.

    ReplyDelete